Globalisation nowadays is a broad, multifaceted phenomenon that impacts business, politics, cultures and societies.
The online environment made globalisation easier but we often forget the benefits of face-to-face meetings and personal connections. Being active in your industry trade field, means more than developing a product and selling it. It also means connecting with other people, participating in conferences, trades show, conventions or seminars.
Trade shows are generally targeted at an industry and people/companies interested in that industry. Participating in a trade show can be a great way to advertise your products and services to the target market and to create brand awareness. The main advantage of exhibiting at a trade show is the possibility of building a data-base of future customers but also partners or sponsors.
Whether you are a retailer or wholesaler, attending an international fair will bring you many advantages:
- Educational opportunities: You will gain knowledge and information about new trends, products and innovation ideas in your field. Live demos are usually part of these events and this is a good way to improve your knowledge about the field and the competition.
- Networking: Thousands of industry representatives are attending trades and events each year. Collecting business cards will provide you with a useful network of peers in your field and it will help you build stronger relationships with them.
- New suppliers or vendors: You will meet new retailers and vendors and they can offer new leads to your business. Immediate communication would make the outlets of exposure more accessible for both parts
- Personal & company branding: Trade fairs are a very powerful marketing medium. By attending trade shows you can expose yourself to press and public media in order to be recognised as an expert in the field.
- Entertainment: You will have fun – nothing gives a business owner more energy and motivation than having a good time while working. Talking with like-minded people will help you learn in a fun way new things about the industry.